Tuesday, May 29, 7:00-8:00 pm (ET)
Live Chat Session (Free)
If you have an idea for positive social impact, but you lack 501(c)(3) status, how can you get funding? Our live online chat focuses on this very question.
Our panelists for this chat session are:
- Tom Dawkins, co-founder of startsomegood.com, a popular crowdfunding site that helps social good initiatives raise funds and grow a community of supporters.
- Josh Cohen, managing partner at City Light Capital, a venture capital firm investing in U.S.-based, high-growth companies dedicated to tackling some of society's toughest challenges.
In addition to trends, strategies, and resources, topics of discussion will address these practical matters:
- What makes for a viable "social venture"?
- Where do social enterprises typically get startup capital?
- How is funding for social enterprise different from more traditional business and nonprofit models?
- What makes for a strong pitch when seeking funding for a social venture?
- How (and how well) does crowdfunding work?
- How do you measure the success of a social enterprise?
We recommended this session, especially for all of you who've visited the New York library recently looking for information on starting a social venture. Join us right after Memorial Day!
Tune in with your questions, and we'll try to get them all answered on Tuesday, May 29, 7:00-8:00 pm ET (that's right - it's an evening chat for those of us in the Eastern time zone!), at our free, live, online chat. Register now!